Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 16, 2013

harvest barn.

last year, by accident, my mom and I stumbled upon this adorable barn just outside of town.  
I had no idea it existed, but boy am I glad we decided to stop and check it out.
if I could live on site, I probably would.
 
we took a trip back to the barn on Friday and it was just as I remembered...
marvelous! 
where do I even begin?
when you first pull in, the entrance to the barn has a beautiful display of pumpkins and all things fall/harvest.
I nabbed several small white pumpkins (my favorite!) to display at home.
aren't they the cutest?
  there are also tons of kid friendly activities to do on-site...
visit the farm animals (J loved seeing the cows, sheep, and pigs up close!),
walk through a corn maze,
play in a real combine harvester,
play in a corn bin,
wagon rides...
the list goes on and on!
 
then you go inside.
the inside is fiiiiiiilled with holiday decor.
the main level has fall decorations perfectly placed about,
and a counter to purchase a huge variety of homemade fudge,
as well as other food items.
I sampled these two and, well, couldn't leave without them.
DELISH, I tell ya!
   
moving along...
then you walk up the stairs to the top floor (the most magical, in my opinion!)
and find that it's ALL CHRISTMAS! 
do they not have the cutest decorations?!
I wanted one of everything...
oh, and check out the arched ceiling on the second story:
   the detail is just beautiful!
everything about the barn is cozy and perfect.
 
if you're ever in southern iowa during the Fall season
do yourself a favor and stop by the barn!    
Photobucket
 
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this place looks beautiful! I wish we had something like that around here. I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you lovely readers! You brighten my day (that is, if you leave a nice comment). I will try my best to write back to each one of you, but regardless, your comments mean so much.